Thread: How to reset service indicator?

How to reset service indicator?

Hello. I have a 3550 PST. The service light came on so I performed the service. I now need to reset the service light. I followed the only procedure that I could find online (the manual doesn't have the procedure) and it didn't reset. The procedure is attached.
    My nearest Mahindra dealer is over 100 miles away and when I called them, the service tech insisted that there wasn't a service light!
    Could someone please tell me how to reset the service light? Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I spoke to another dealer about this. He said that the only way he knew to reset the service indicator was to connect the tractor to a laptop with proprietary software to reset it. I tried to contact Mahindra USA and they said that Mahindra does not talk to customers. There appears to be no solution.
    Yet another dealer, the one I purchased the tractor from, said that the light would go off by itself after running it awhile because it would figure out that the oil was OK. He could not explain how the tractor would know.
    Last edited by Jim G; 07-02-2020 at 06:15 PM.

After awhile, the light did go off!

reset

My dealer told me to pull a fuse ,maybe you could disconnect battery and wait a minute or so then re-connect it.