Thread: Terrible terrible terrible

Terrible terrible terrible

I bought a new 4550 with the loader. After being delivered, the 3 point hitch system would not raise or lower. It took two trips to the dealer to get that working. Within 5 hours the front wheel had fallen off because the lugs were not tight, as delivered. That could have injured me as I was working next to a deep pond, at night.

The exhaust points directly at the hydraulic hoses for the front end loader. The control handle gets almost too hot to touch from the heat going into the fluid. The hoses have burned and are leaking. The dealer says there is no design change, and to call mahindra. They do not answer the phone.

Buy a Kubota and save yourself this grief. Lesson learned is to enter a sales floor via the repair shop, to see if there even is one, and if it is viable.

I asked the Kubota shop how much they would give me on a trade-in, and they said the machine is only worth about $12K. It was $25K new, 1/2 years and 200 hours ago.
    Last edited by nothasppy; 12-09-2020 at 06:44 PM. Reason: tried to put 4550 in the title